Area 5 News
By Rob Teplitz
Pennwriters is in need of an Online Course Coordinator, who is the administrator of all online classes offered by the Pennwriters organization. The Coordinator is a non-voting member of the Pennwriters Board of Directors. The Coordinator oversees the online courses program to provide members and non-members with exceptional learning opportunities. The Coordinator recruits new instructors as well as works with current and established instructors to develop a course year of classes filled with different topics for all levels of writers – from beginner to multi-published. Our current Online Course Coordinator will assist during the transition. The new coordinator will assume responsibility on 1/1/2024. This is a volunteer position. Please contact email@example.com if interested in this position.
We are also looking for a 2025 Conference Coordinator or Co-coordinators for the Pittsburgh Conference in 2025. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Speaking of courses, here is the 2024 course schedule so far:
- January – Bumps in the Road—How Conflict Drives Your Story – Sundays 1-2pm Zoom – Gold Level Instructor Kathy Otte
- February – Self-Publishing 101 – Sundays 6-7pm Zoom – Gold Level Instructor Wende Dikec
- March – TBD
- April – TBD
- June – Writing Diversity: A Character Workshop – Wednesdays 7-9pm Zoom – Gold Level Instructor Fritze Roberts
- July – TBD
- July/August – Developing the Television Pilot – Tuesdays 7-9pm Zoom – Gold Level Instructor Diana Botsford
- August – I Think I have a Book: Successful Strategies for Preparing Your Poetry Manuscript – Wednesdays 7-8pm Zoom – Silver Level Instructor Keith Kopka
- September – Weaving History Into the Historical Novel – Sundays 1-2pm Zoom – Gold Level Instructor Kathy Otten
- October – Writing Meaningfully in an Election Year: The Poetry of Politics and Witness – Wednesdays 7-8pm Zoom – Silver Level Instructor Keith Kopka
- November – Mastering the Mystery of Crime Fiction – Saturdays 1-2pm Zoom – Gold Level Instructor Annette Dashofy
Don't forget to mark your calendars for next year's conference May 16-19, 2024. It will be closer to home in Lancaster. The Friday night keynote speaker will be Hank Phillippi Ryan. The Saturday luncheon speaker will be Timons Esaias.
I hope you and yours have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything Pennwriters or I can do to help you reach your writing goals!
Write well. Be well.
Area 5 Representative